FORUMS: list search recent posts

DV Anamorphic Time line to DCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Micah Smith
DV Anamorphic Time line to DCP
on Nov 7, 2010 at 7:54:39 am

I'm editing a 60-minute documentary with a range of source material including HDV 1080 60i, HDV 720p 30fps, mp4's from 480x320 to 1280x720, and stills. I'm on a DV-NTSC Anamorphic time line at 30 fps. Most of my interviews are 1080i while maybe 50% of the b-roll is DV-NTSC.

Now the client wants to convert to DCP for projection in theaters (originally this was only for DVD and web distribution). To be honest, I hardly know what that means aside from bringing my file to a transfer house and asking them to do this. I have gotten the impression that the dv anamorphic is going to look like crud in this scenario.

I'm thinking of either:
1) Finishing as is and then upres-ing the final output to HD.
2) Media managing all files used and batch converting them to Pro Res 1080p 30fps. Then switching my time line settings (or pasting my movie into a new time line) that is Pro Res 1080p 30fps. Then reconnecting all my media to the new files and then going cut by cut through the movie and cleaning up framing and aspect ratio.

Any other options? Any thoughts on the above?

My only other thought is that since my b-roll is mostly dv-ntsc and worse, upres-ing to HD is pointless and the only thing I should do is convert my final output to de-interlaced progressive at DV quality and leave it at that.

Your thoughts and advice are greatly appreciate!

Thanks!

Micah

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]