FORUMS: list search recent posts

flickering dissolve on nested still image sequences...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tad newberry
flickering dissolve on nested still image sequences...
on Nov 4, 2010 at 3:29:42 pm

Two questions on this topic:

1) can i get my canvas to show me video the way it looks on my external monitor? there is flickering dissolve that doesn't flicker in the canvas, but it does on the monitor;

2) why do they flicker at all? i have a short nested sequence of 3 stills. small moves on the stills, and they are all set as a traveling alpha matte over a black square so their moves will all be contained within that box in the final FCP sequence. that part works great, but when i add the shadow to the nested sequence in FCP, the dissolve between the stills plays back with a flicker. i dunno why...

thanks for helping out a bonehead!

FCS3
2.66 GHz Quad-Core Mac Pro
6GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 120
...and a few TeraBytes o' storage
(then it's on to PetaBytes, ExaBytes and MosquitoBytes!)

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: flickering dissolve on nested still image sequences...
on Nov 5, 2010 at 3:25:58 pm

OH, they flicker all the time, but you don't see it in FCP's Canvas because you aren't seeing both fields for each frame unless the canvas is set to be 100% size.

I think I'd troubleshoot this by trying a progressive sequence setting and not an interlaced one.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

DVD:http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]