FORUMS: list search recent posts

RE: frame rate chart for FCP from HVX200...and other camera

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
RE: frame rate chart for FCP from HVX200...and other camera
on Nov 4, 2010 at 2:43:03 am

I am doing a lot of HD shooting on my HVX200 in the native formats, but FCP3 is asking me if it wants to change the settings as I try to drag media to the timeline. I am looking for a conversion or setting chart. I know the open timeline is a crutch, but I really want to get a good handle on HD codes and how to import them properly.

For instance, I shot in 720pn, injested and tried to drag clips to the timeline. The timeline reset itself for my clip. When I looked at properties, of my clips they are saying they are in 60p. I thought the whole ideal of pn was to reduce the frames on the card to double the record time.

I am really taking FCP seriously now and want to get deeper into knowing its ins and outs. I am in Charlotte, NC and there are no classes here and can't seem to find a good tutorial that will give me answers.

What I am saying is that I am a good editor, I just want to start from the beginning and learn codes from the ground up and understand the workflow.

Can you point me to any free tutorials. I am self employed now, and until I sell my condo, I don't have too much money to spend.

Call me a newbie again, but I really want to get good at this business.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: RE: frame rate chart for FCP from HVX200...and other camera
on Nov 4, 2010 at 2:49:53 am

[Nelson May] "For instance, I shot in 720pn"

What format? The timeline works if your settings are correct to begin with. Look at the clip in the browser, what dies it say for "vid rate"?

Return to posts index

Nelson May
on Nov 4, 2010 at 2:59:00 am

Sorry,

DVCPROHD 720p60

vid rate is 29.97fps

I am just trying to get these things right on injest

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Nov 4, 2010 at 3:05:48 am

[Nelson May] "vid rate is 29.97fps"

And you drag this to a timeline, accept FCPs settings and the FRAME RATE (not the codec name) is 59.94?

All deviations of DVCPro HD (meaning whatever frame rate you shoot in 720p) the codec will be called 720p60 no matter what as that's the official name of the codec. it can operate at all different kinds of frame rates.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]