FORUMS: list search recent posts

:export problems

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Foulkrod
:export problems
on Nov 3, 2010 at 12:29:04 am

Hello,

I having a bit of trouble exporting a 60 sec spot I cut for a client. After following all of Google's guidelines they keep telling me the bitrate is too low. They require 6Mbps & I'm restricting my data rate to 6000 kbps as they advised. See my export, sequence settings(DV NTSC 48khz)below. Btw, I'm using FCP 5.0 without compressor.

Thanks,

Steve

Movie Settings: H.264 Quality:High Frame Rate:29.97 Bitrate 6000 kbits/sec
Frame reordering: Yes Encoding Mode: multi-pass Dimensions: 720x480 (640x480)
Audio: Integer (Big Endian) Sample Rate: 48.000 khz Sample Size: 16bit
Channels: Stereo L/R

Google TV Guidelines

Video:

Resolution:

* 720 x 480 @ 29.97fps (NTSC)
* frame aspect ratio: 4:3
* pixel aspect ratio: 0.9

Upper/Top/Odd field first
Codec: AVC H.264 (Main Profile 3.0), MPEG-2 (Main Profile @ Main Level), Uncompressed/RAW (except V210/10-bit), DVVIDEO
Bitrate: At least 6Mbps (CBR).
Luma should occupy full spectrum between NTSC standard 7.5 IRE black and white level at 100 IRE

1. of frames for NTSC format

15 sec ad: 450 frames
30 sec ad: 900 frames
45 sec ad: 1350 frames
60 sec ad: 1800 frames
75 sec ad: 2250 frames
90 sec ad: 2700 frames
120 sec ad: 3600 frames
Text overlays should be title-safe
Audio:

Samples: 48Khz, 16bits
Dynamic Range: no greater than 7dB
Codec: MPEG1-Layer 2, AAC, PCM
Bitrate: At least 256kbps
Number of channels: 2 (stereo)

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: :export problems
on Nov 3, 2010 at 1:16:42 am

If you use multi pass variable bit rate, the data rate will be below 6Mbps. The google specs says 6Mbps CBR which means constant bit rate. Nothing wrong with using VBR but increase the maximum so that the average is around 6Mbps.

Also the audio specs are asking for mpeg audio, not uncompressed which is what you are using. Without Compressor and using an old version of FCP, you may not be able to do that. It may not matter, but I am noting differences between the spec and your settings.

Return to posts index

Steve Foulkrod
on Nov 3, 2010 at 1:23:59 am

Michael,

Thanks for the quick response. Yeah, I thought I might run into trouble using an older ver (FCP 5.0 Academic). Compressor will not install correctly. I keep getting the "unable to connect to background process" error. I've tried a few posted fixes & no dice. I've tried bumping up the data rate, but still get a rate of 5.50mbps. I'll re-examine the audio. Very frustrating.

Thanks,

Steve

Return to posts index

Kylee Peña
on Nov 3, 2010 at 1:02:46 pm

Also, it doesn't say it on their list of guidelines but when you look more closely at their FCP tutorial, there are some networks that require 12 mbps to air.

Return to posts index

Steve Foulkrod
on Nov 3, 2010 at 1:09:52 pm

Thanks, you guys are awesome! I had posted this same problem on the Apple discussion boards days ago with no responses. Yeah, I had read through their guidelines & saw that they like to see files closer to 12mbps, but minimum of 6mbps. So, I spit out a file that was over 10mbps & I'm currently awaiting approval. Btw, do you guys know of a way to get Compressor work on a G5 machine using FCP 5.0 Academic?

Thanks,

Steve

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 3, 2010 at 9:21:42 pm

Compressor is part of the Final Cut Suite. Time to upgrade from version 5 which is pre the suite and also discover the wonders of Motion.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]