FORUMS: list search recent posts

Black Background for Images

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andy baumgartner
Black Background for Images
on Nov 2, 2010 at 2:57:36 am

Hi, how can I add a default black background to images (so the video layer underneath doesn't show through)? It seems like it should be easy, but I haven't found an answer on the forum yet.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Black Background for Images
on Nov 2, 2010 at 3:49:32 am

If the image you want is on the top layer and the layers below are showing for some reason, then delete the lower layers.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Nov 2, 2010 at 6:59:30 am

[Michael Gissing] "delete the lower layers."

Or, right click and simply disable them, because you might change your mind and decide to use them later.

However, if you really must put a black solid underneath, just use a slug, which is always available to you at any time by clicking on the little icon below the jog wheel on the right side of the FCP viewer that looks like a film frame with an "A" on it.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

andy baumgartner
on Nov 2, 2010 at 7:22:04 pm

Thanks, a slug should make things a little faster. I'd been using the blade tool to separate the video underneath and set it's opacity to 0 but if I want to adjust the length of the picture there's many more steps than if a background automatically filled the space behind the pic.

Does the feature I described not exist in final cut?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

andy baumgartner
on Nov 2, 2010 at 7:26:48 pm

Control B Disables the clip I separate which is pretty fast. So my problems is 70% solved. An automatic black background would still be faster, maybe I'll just batch the photos in photoshop...

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Nov 2, 2010 at 7:42:03 pm

[andy baumgartner] "An automatic black background would still be faster"

Not for me... I use disable a lot and like it for all the options it gives me for changes and revisions.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist
David Weiss Productions, Inc.
Los Angeles
http://www.drwfilms.com

POST-PRODUCTION WITHOUT THE USUAL INSANITY ™

A forum host of Creative COW's Business & Marketing and Apple Final Cut Pro forums. Formerly host of the Apple Final Cut Basics, Indie Film & Documentary, and Film History & Appreciations forums.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]