FORUMS: list search recent posts

24@25pulldown

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Renjith sarangadharan
24@25pulldown
on Nov 1, 2010 at 2:51:16 pm

i have a 25fps telecine footage which i captured in to a 24 DVPAL project and confirmed to 24fps. When am palying back this on my timeline without output to my ADVC (connected via Apple fire wire DVPAL option) its fine. But when i switch on the Apple wire wire DVPAL option in the View menu, a 24@ 25 pull down ads to my time line. My ques is

1. while on a 24@ 25 pull down play what is the frame speed am seeing in the Canvas of my project (24fps or 25fps)

2. Only the out put to TV changes to 25 or my entire project fps changes?

Thanks
Renjith

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: 24@25pulldown
on Nov 1, 2010 at 11:35:29 pm

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve, but 25 fps telecined footage should be edited in an FCP timeline that matches this frame rate. Final Cut doesn't do frame rate conversion properly, so if you are trying to create a final edit in 24 fps, then stay 25 in Final Cut and do a frame rate conversion in Compressor after the edit is done.

Return to posts index

Michael Aranyshev
on Nov 2, 2010 at 10:06:11 am

[Michael Gissing] "but 25 fps telecined footage should be edited in an FCP timeline that matches this frame rate. "

No, unless it is MOS and intended for TV, it shouldn't. Film shot at 24 fps and transferred at 25 fps should be conformed back to 24 fps before editing with FCP Tools>Conform 25 to 24.

[Renjith sarangadharan] "My ques is

1. while on a 24@ 25 pull down play what is the frame speed am seeing in the Canvas of my project (24fps or 25fps)

2. Only the out put to TV changes to 25 or my entire project fps changes?
"

Nothing changes on the timeline. An extra field is added every 12 frames on the output.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 2, 2010 at 8:45:12 pm

[Michael Aranyshev] "Film shot at 24 fps and transferred at 25 fps should be conformed back to 24 fps before editing with FCP Tools>Conform 25 to 24."

There was no mention of the shooting frame rate or what the final is meant to be.

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Nov 2, 2010 at 8:27:44 am

[Renjith sarangadharan] "i have a 25fps telecine footage which i captured in to a 24 DVPAL project "
What is 24DVPAL?

Absolutely mess.
What are you trying to out put?
Pal?
p24?
Which are the sequence setting?
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]