FORUMS: list search recent posts

why do XML files open in color

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
naqisa silva
why do XML files open in color
on Nov 1, 2010 at 9:45:56 am

I'v worked on a project in FCP 7 and need to send it to my boss who works in FCP6. I'v exported my project into XML Version 4 however it opens in color!! What can i do to make it open in FCP 6?

Thanks,
Naqisa

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: why do XML files open in color
on Nov 1, 2010 at 3:46:43 pm

IN FCP 6 go FILE>IMPORT>XML. I hope you exported it as Interchage V4. FCP 6 cannot open v5 Interchange.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

naqisa silva
on Nov 1, 2010 at 6:08:48 pm

Thanks Shane,
i did exactly that but the XML file opens in color and theres no audio attached. Do you know why this is happening?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Nov 1, 2010 at 6:34:32 pm

[naqisa silva] "i did exactly that but the XML file opens in color and theres no audio attached."

If you did exactly that, Color wouldn't open. You launch Final Cut Pro...you then go FILE>IMPORT>XML...then direct the interface to the XML you want to open. You do not double-click on it from the Finder level.

Are you telling me that you Import...IMPORT from FCP the XML, and COLOR launches? I have never heard of that happening. When you SEND to Color...or when you open Color and import an XML, yes, this happens. But I haven't heard of importing an XML into FCP causing Color to launch.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Nov 1, 2010 at 11:42:58 pm

Color is the default program to launch an XML when you double click on the XML file in Finder. That is why it launches Color, but just follow Shane's advice and import the XML in FCP.

Return to posts index

naqisa silva
on Nov 2, 2010 at 11:30:00 pm

Thanks alot. i'v got it now.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]