FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting, is it doing anything?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles House
Exporting, is it doing anything?
on Oct 27, 2010 at 2:18:25 pm

I'm on a bit of a time crunch. I need to start burning and reproducing DVDs of my project ASAP. I'm trying to export the project uncompressed, and granted, that'll be a very large file. However, Final Cut has been sitting at 2 hours remaining and 50% for some time. It did the same thing earlier and I cancelled and tried again because I thought it was stuck. Is it stuck, or should I just continue waiting? I don't have time to waste hours if it's not going anywhere.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Exporting, is it doing anything?
on Oct 27, 2010 at 5:14:02 pm

Why are you exporting uncompressed?

For quickest workflow, Render timeline, export non-self contained, take to compressor and make the m2v and ac3 files, import them into DVDSP.

Return to posts index

Charles House
on Oct 27, 2010 at 6:43:43 pm

Because my compressor doesn't work. Never has.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Oct 27, 2010 at 8:33:20 pm

If you have Compressor issues, you have QT issues. You need to fix that or you will probably have issue in DVDSP encoding as well.
http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1888?viewlocale=en_US
THere is a program made by digital rebellion that makes the uninstall of all the apps super easy
http://www.digitalrebellion.com/fcs_remover.htm

But does your timeline render okay in FCP? If it does have you tried an export with current settings?

If you want real help you have to post sequence settings, clip settings and tell us what is happening on the sequence around 50% through?

Return to posts index

Charles House
on Oct 27, 2010 at 8:47:18 pm

My Compressor doesn't work. IE, it won't register. My Final Cut registered fine, my Compressor never did. And I don't care.

It's rendering, I think. Just excessively slowly. I Googled the difference between using compressor and using iDVD to compress the whole end project down into DVD size and most didn't notice a difference. In fact, most expressed frustration with Compressor, similar to what I'm feeling. Thanks.

Return to posts index

Blake Bogosian
on Oct 27, 2010 at 9:50:56 pm

Well, I think it would be important to just reinstall your entire FCP Studio and use that App by Digi Reb. to uninstall everything. I know your in a time crunch but thats when things always go wrong murphy's law,,,,what type of vidoe are you working with

Blake Bogosian
Assistant Editor
San Francisco, CA

Return to posts index

Charles House
on Oct 27, 2010 at 10:24:02 pm

Yeah, I literally have about 12 hours to burn 200 DVDs before going to the airport to take it to a festival.

My first feature film.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]