FORUMS: list search recent posts

Transitions

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Minskoff
Transitions
on Oct 27, 2010 at 11:57:00 am

Hello,
I am working on a project in FCP 7 which consist of a ton of clips that is around 30 minutes long. I am looking for some suggestions for transitions. I am looking for a clean smooth transition and I don't want to use the dissolves on every transaction. I know I need a transition between clips but don't want to use the dissolves and other built-in transitions. I am trying to play around with the dissolves to see if I can come up with something quick and clean that I like. If anyone has any suggestions for transitions and any ways I can modify the built in dissolves I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you,
Brad

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Transitions
on Oct 27, 2010 at 12:02:55 pm

Your gonna have to come up with the cash.

FX Factory Pro, Core Melt, CGM, CHV and Boris FX is what you are looking for.

Personally, a dissolve can never be overused. It's natural and not distracting.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Brad Minskoff
on Oct 27, 2010 at 1:25:33 pm

I have paid extra and I guess you are right about disolves. I just need to play around with them and see how to modify them. Any suggestions and editing the disolve transitions.

Thank you,
B

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 27, 2010 at 1:59:59 pm

The two most powerful transitions and editor has and uses aer the cut and the dissolve. If you're worrying about those not being somehow "sexy" enough, your programs may have more fundamental problems, is my opinion. Transitions that call out for attention to themselves can take you out of the story.

That said, there are dissolves, and there are dissolves. You can do additive dissolves. You can do dissolves thru white. You can use a simple straight ot diagonal wipe with a very soft edge that combines elements of a wipe and a dissolve. Dissolves usually imply a change in time as well as space. That's part of the vocabulary of techniques built up over the history of cinema and TV.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]