FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Studio Crashes...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Frantzen
Final Cut Studio Crashes...
on Oct 27, 2010 at 1:13:11 am

Help! My entire Final Cut Studio keeps crashing. I get the "application has unexpectedly quit" window as soon as I try to start Motion, Compressor, Color etc. I get error message "out of memory" when I try to open FCP. It seemed to start with compressor when I tried to compress a 10 GB .mov file.
I don't have a ton of large projects on my computer, and I've since deleted them in hopes of freeing up space. I've also tried the method of trashing my preference files, safe booting, repairing permissions, using Macaroni application to clean up disk...all to no avail.
Am I missing something? or should I try to reinstall the entire studio? (uhhgg!) I'm also having trouble with Quicktime. Could that have something to do with this? The rest of the apps on the machine seem to be running fine though.
Final cut version 7.0.3, running current OSX on macbook pro 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 duo, with 2 GB memory.

-Jake

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Final Cut Studio Crashes...
on Oct 27, 2010 at 2:15:19 am

2 Gig memory is very light on for FCP, Motion and Compressor. Did you do a clean install of OS ands FCS3 or just update over an older setup? If so, then search this forum for the best advice on how to install a new OS and FCS to avoid troublesome installs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]