FORUMS: list search recent posts

So Far OT it hurts

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Don Walker
So Far OT it hurts
on Oct 27, 2010 at 12:01:08 am

Is refilling Ink cartridges in disk printers considered by the general bovine population as evil as say pirating software? Apparently the makers of printers / publishers think so, considering the lengths they have gone to keep us from doing it. I don't want to slam the manufacturers, I just want to know if it is considered bad form.

Don Walker
Texarkana, Texas

John 3:16

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: So Far OT it hurts
on Oct 27, 2010 at 12:33:05 am

I do it. When I am not swearing at my printer for THINKING it is out of ink when the well is AT LEAST half full. Frakking scam is what it is. I'm just about DONE with inkjet printers. Cheaper to get a NEW printer than to buy all the refills needed for the one I have. All 6. Just stupid. I'm not going to feed into that.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 27, 2010 at 1:42:55 am

I've been using Epson 3rd party OEM cartridges for the longest time. I've paid on average $5-7 a cartridge. I've gotten my ink from inkdaddy, ink4art and LD Products.

Just last week, I switched out my cartridges that I picked up off of Amazon (12 pack Non-OEM) for $25.

Printer works fine I just don't get the level indicator because of the non-OEM.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Zane Barker
on Oct 27, 2010 at 6:06:57 pm

[Shane Ross] "Cheaper to get a NEW printer than to buy all the refills needed for the one I have"

Keep in mind that the ink cartridges that come in the new printers are not full cartridges. They only come partly full.

I personally stay away from refilling or buying used cartridges that have been refilled. I find they often leak a little leaving pink spots on prints. In addition i find the my print heads get clogged up more.

Sure they are cheeper but they are more work and a pain to deal with.

**Hindsight is always 1080p**

Return to posts index

Scott Sheriff
on Oct 27, 2010 at 3:29:48 am

Better than refills.
Google "continuous ink system". Better answer than refilling if you do a lot of inkjet printing. Big quality difference on these kits, so do your homework.

Scott Sheriff
Director
SST Digital Media
http://www.sstdigitalmedia.com

Return to posts index

walter biscardi
on Oct 27, 2010 at 12:06:42 pm

I buy from these guys as they sell re-furbished inkjet cartridges for very low cost. Easier for me than re-filling the cartridges myself.

http://www.4inkjets.com/

Although I do NOT recommend the re-furbished toner for laserjet printers. We tried that and it was a fiasco. The colors simply did not match and two of the cartridges didn't work. So we're sticking with brand new for toners.

Walter Biscardi, Jr.
Editor, Colorist, Director, Writer, Consultant, Author, Chef.
HD Post and Production
Biscardi Creative Media

"Foul Water, Fiery Serpent" Winner, Best Documentary, LA Reel Film Festival...

Blog Twitter Facebook

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]