FORUMS: list search recent posts

XLM Export Fails

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Kahn
XLM Export Fails
on Oct 23, 2010 at 8:50:12 pm

I am trying to send a 30min sequence to color but continue to get an error that it aborted due to critical errors.

The sequence is XDCAMHD422 1080p24. I have done a conform and cleaned it. Everything is the same frame rate, although some codecs are mixed in. I have exported all freeze frames and other heavily effected shots as self contained files and edited them back into the sequence. I have sent many many projects to color and have never had this problem.

Has anyone seen this and might know what it is?

My work around is exporting a self contained QT of the entire program and an EDL to use as a cut list within color but this show has a lot of compositing and needs to be able to have multiple video layers for color correction.

Thanks,

Mike


Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: XLM Export Fails
on Oct 23, 2010 at 11:05:29 pm

What are the other codecs? There may be a file in the sequence that is corrupted. Try exporting as an XML and then import that back into a new FCP project.

I had a funny one the other day sending a project that was a mix of XDCam and H264 to Color. I did it as a test whilst I was converting the whole project to ProRes so I could start grading and saving the grades for when the four hour conversion was complete. The project imported into Color but wouldn't play with that codec mix. I was able to grade on still frames but Color didn't like having mixed codecs, particularly as one was H264.


Return to posts index

Mike Kahn
Re: XLM Export Fails
on Oct 24, 2010 at 8:35:58 pm

There were some files that had an H.264 codec but I rendered them out to self contained QT's and reedited them back in. I cut the 30 minute sequence into 3 reels and reel 1 and 3 sent to color just fine. Something within the middle of the show (reel 2) was causing the XML to fail.

When I looked more closely at the sequence, I noticed that the thumbnails were looking strange. I closed FCP, trashed the thumbnail cache and restarted. The thumbnails looked correct and I sent reel 2 to color. I tried to put all three reels back together and send to color but the XML still failed. We will edit the reels and send back to FCP and hope that this doesn't happen on Episode 2.


Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]