FORUMS: list search recent posts

Choppy Playback on timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Douglas
Choppy Playback on timeline
on Oct 23, 2010 at 2:44:35 pm

In a project I'm working on, playback on the timeline is freezing. WIth the clips I have picked, w/o music/audio, as I am playing for some reason I will get a freeze frame while it is still playing, and then a few frames and seconds later it picks up. I did have transitions on the clips, I have taken them off and it continues to freeze at different points on the timeline. I have multiple clips on the timeline (doing a highlight real) and as one clip ends and another clip begins, it will freeze for a few seconds and pick up in the middle of the clip and not at the beginning.

How can I get it to stop freezing and play smoothly through? What have I done wrong? Please Help!!

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Choppy Playback on timeline
on Oct 23, 2010 at 4:04:04 pm

Please don't tell us you are working with h.264 footage. If you are, take a look below.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

John Douglas
on Oct 23, 2010 at 4:48:22 pm

Yes.

The footage was shot with a Canon X1HD, DV tape, captured in Premiere Pro CS5 and converted over so I could drop it into FC. At my office, they do not have it configured for me to capture directly into FC from a DV deck or a camera, so this was the alternative.

Would you please give me the link again, it did not come up.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 23, 2010 at 5:54:14 pm

Sounds like your clips were not set to capture DV/NTSC. DV should playback with no problems in FCP. That is if you are connected to a USB drive.

It's very easy to move a DV deck/camera and connect via FW to FCP.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]