FORUMS: list search recent posts

Blu-Ray Creation

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Bryan
Blu-Ray Creation
on Oct 22, 2010 at 12:31:38 pm

Hello,

I am trying to create a Blu-Ray disc from a 1 hour wedding edit. I am using the share function in FCP7. It has been an extremely frustrating process and I'm hoping somebody here can help me out.

First off, I've been trying for a week now to get the file to export and either burn directly to a BD-R or to create a disc image. 3 different times I have let FCP work for 2 days without the files being created. The last time I did this FCP said that there was an hour remaining in the render, it kept saying that there was an hour remaining for over 14 hours. Is this normal? How long should it take to export a Blu-Ray disc image of an hour long edit?

Secondly, is there any way to remove the date from the menu? I can't imagine why anyone would want the date that the disc is created to be featured so prominently in their menu.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: Blu-Ray Creation
on Oct 22, 2010 at 4:12:05 pm

You can't remove the date from what I can tell. The templates are pretty poor.

I don't know why you're having an encoding problem but you could just export a self contained QuickTime movie and then open Compressor. You'll be given basically the same choices as the share menu. Choose Blu-Ray. Then open the inspector window and you'll see the same menu prefs as in the share feature from FCP. Do it this way and see if compressor has better luck encoding.

Or, if you have Toast or another Blu-Ray authoring program, you could choose to just let compressor create the files, and then take them into Toast and use a more versatile and configurable menu template there.

Return to posts index

Chris Borjis
on Oct 22, 2010 at 4:26:07 pm

for encoding times, an octo-core mac with clustering on should be able
to encode in near real-time or faster for blu-ray videos.

Return to posts index

Chris Bryan
on Oct 22, 2010 at 4:50:20 pm

Is Toast really more versatile? I'm new to both the Share feature and Toast. From what I can tell in toast I can't have the chapter menu titles that I set in FCP show up, they just show up as numbers, which is really irritating when I have 18 chapters. If you can tell me how to set this up I'd appreciate it.

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 23, 2010 at 5:50:04 am

Don't know bout that- but you can have thumbnails instead of titles with dates. And you can put more than one video on the disc. The share idea is just for quick one offs with an ugly menu.

Return to posts index

Chris Kennelly
on Dec 9, 2010 at 3:24:09 pm

I'm having an issue with Final Cut Pro > Share with Blu-Ray.

Process seems to go smoothly, but disc won't play in my Blu-Ray Player. I checked the specs, and yes, it does read BD-R discs (what I'm using) and Final Cut Pro says the process is successful. Am I not finalizing the disc, or missing some step?

Thank you so much!

-c

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]