FORUMS: list search recent posts

ExceLogger doubling FCP clips?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris King
ExceLogger doubling FCP clips?
on Oct 19, 2010 at 8:52:33 pm

I've been using ExceLogger to get create notes in an FCP project for the past seven months on a feature length documentary.

The program has helped, but I'm starting to find that inside the project bins some will be filled with hundreds of duplicate clips. Not all the clips are duplicated and there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to which ones are, but many will repeat 60-70 times, always referencing the same original files.

Fairly positive this has to do with glitches with the XMLs as I'm importing them that's doubling up the clips. Anyone know what might be the issue?

This is a pretty new program so I understand if there isn't a lot of residual knowledge existing about it. I'm using FCP 7.0.1. Thanks

(link to the ExceLogger site: http://assistedediting.intelligentassistance.com/exceLogger/)

Return to posts index

Chris King
Re: ExceLogger doubling FCP clips?
on Oct 20, 2010 at 6:42:22 pm

I think I found a way around the problem, though the cause of the problem itself is still unclear.

My method until now had been once I added new media to a large bin in the project (a bin that might have several dozen subfolders) I would export an XML of the entire large bin, i.e. I'd be creating an XML for hundreds of clips that already had log notes as well as those few clips I'd just added that still needed them.

When I imported the new XML from ExceLogger, there must have been a conflict with all the clips that had existing log notes, my guess is doubling (or multiplying) them, and often not bringing in the log notes for the new ones at all.

So now I'm only exporting XMLs for the newest media, the stuff that still needs the notes, and when I import the new XMLs from ExceLogger it is working fine, log notes appearing on all the new files just fine. Keeping all the new media in a separate bin until it's logged helps.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]