FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP is exporting letterbox bars in 720 seq. - why?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Mininger
FCP is exporting letterbox bars in 720 seq. - why?
on Oct 19, 2010 at 3:16:35 pm

Hello,

I am rebuilding a project that was originally done in 4:3 and I have re-rendered all of my elements in 16:9 in AE at 1280x720 Apple ProRes codec. The renders are full frame, edge to edge. I bring the files into FCP, create a new 1280x720 sequence and edit the new clips.

Everything was fine until I exported as Quicktime movie (preparing for DVD) and realized that FCP was adding letterbox bars to the export. For the life of me, I cannot figure out a way to export the footage full-frame as the original clips!

When I load a clip into the source window, it looks just fine, but as soon as I drop it into the sequence, I can see the letterbox bars on the program window. Have a look at the image below and see if this looks correct:

http://orangepeelproductions.com/letterbox.jpg

I checked and FCP is definitely squishing my clips vertically and adding letterbox bars to the clip. My sequence preset is 1280x720 SQUARE pixels (same as my source material).

Can anyone explain how to have FCP let me work at full square pixels in 720?

Thank you,

Ryan

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP is exporting letterbox bars in 720 seq. - why?
on Oct 19, 2010 at 3:50:17 pm

Ryan,
Review your workflow.
Somewhere there is a miss matching or a wrong footage interpretation or so.
FC does things well if you do it well.
rafel

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Ryan Mininger
Re: FCP is exporting letterbox bars in 720 seq. - why?
on Oct 19, 2010 at 4:04:54 pm

I figured out the problem. I had started with my original 4:3 sequence and changed the settings to 16:9 and it left the aspect of the clips from the original sequence, hence the vertical squishing. The solution was to select all of my clips, right click and choose 'remove attributes' - then a popup with 'distort' was checked. I clicked ok and the clips are now correct.

Thanks,

Ryan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]