FORUMS: list search recent posts

MPEG change header information to 16x9

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig RussillRoy
MPEG change header information to 16x9
on Oct 19, 2010 at 1:22:12 pm

Hey moocowers,

has anyone came across an app or automated service change the header information in a MPEG 2 to change it from 4x3 to 16x9 ?

WE have a load of spots that need to be created for presentations and they are anamorphic - obviously we can transcode them but it would be nifty if you could dive in and change the header...

YOu can indeed APPLE + J and change the properties and this works a charm ... but it saves it out as a QT and strips the audio due to the multuplexed audio in MPEG2.

Cheers in advance !!

Adstream
London, England

Mac Pro - 8gig ram - FCS 3 - CS4 - Cinema 4D, Flip Factory, Rhozet, Episode

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: MPEG change header information to 16x9
on Oct 19, 2010 at 4:00:49 pm

[Craig RussillRoy] "YOu can indeed APPLE + J and change the properties and this works a charm"
Craig, that way you can distort the picture on display, but the picture won't ever be properly displayed.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 19, 2010 at 5:33:50 pm

Most media players want to see square pixels. Can't you batch process them in Compressor?

Compressor's current version sets an unwritten limit of about 20 files per batch. It tends to choke & die with more. No clue why.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Oct 20, 2010 at 9:10:53 am

I've made something that could do so, but...

The aspect ratio flag is set on each GOP.
Now my tool only sets the first flag. Good enough for some players, but perhaps not for all. (And i can't test them all...)

There used to be a free application made by an Apple guy who could do this. On OSX it became a paid version.
Not sure what it was called nor where it lived, but i'm pretty sure you can google it.
It was part of set of tools, to set the aspect as well as merge multiple MpegII files.

But the question remains, why did you not encode them properly?

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]