FORUMS: list search recent posts

Color Change when speed is changed

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kristian Engelsen
Color Change when speed is changed
on Oct 18, 2010 at 9:02:48 pm

Hey!

I'm doing a promo for a lounge/nightclub and when I speed some parts of a clip up, that part will have a tiny change of color. The color gets a tiny bit warmer, then when the speed goes back to normal the color changes back too.

There is no color correction or other effects except from basic fcp speed map. Why is it changing like that?

I know this can easily be fixed in color correction live view.. but I find this behaviour strange.

Could be that quicktime re-renders the clips when exporting? Maybe try quicktime conversion instead?

exported with current settings etc.

(codec used: proresLT. there shouldn't be an issue using proresLT on this small thing. All clips is rendered. alt-r to all)

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Color Change when speed is changed
on Oct 18, 2010 at 9:50:57 pm

Do you see the color change in FCP or just the export? What are your render settings?

Return to posts index

Kristian Engelsen
on Oct 28, 2010 at 7:31:08 pm

Just in the export. My settings are AppleProRes LT in sequence and file. I rendered the clip out with the settings "keep settings as it" or what it is called. It rendered out in AppleProResLT. I also tryed to render it out as H.264, and the same thing happened. Used Quicktime conversion.

Sorry for late post. Have had a lot up my sleeve. I appreciate answer! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Louise Macaulay
on Oct 19, 2011 at 4:25:14 pm

I'm having this same problem. I'm working with Apple Pro Res 422 files though, not LT. In a 2 min 46 sec piece I've changed the speed on about 3 seconds of footage (a single, contiguous clip). In the export that 3 seconds is darker than the rest of the piece. During playback anywhere in the timeline however, I see it switch between dark and light every time I hit play or stop.

I've tried rendering with "frame blending for speed" both checked and unchecked with the same results. Any help would be appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]