FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final cut wont start up!

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kelly Delaney
Final cut wont start up!
on Oct 18, 2010 at 3:31:30 pm

Hi there,

After working on a project for days I went to export to my external HDD to which the scratch disks were set also as final cut was exporting the USB cable to the HD was accidentally knocked and thus disconnected. Final cut subsequently froze and was unable to locate media obviously, after reconnecting the drive I tried using the search facility to reconnect the media, but to no avail so I thought restarting final Cut may help :-/ ...it didn't and now what's worse is it won't even start up!
It gave me the option initially to reset the scratch disks which I did then another window pops up saying ' to preserve the integrity of final cut the following path must be available' or something to that effect' there is no path listed and my only option at that point is to either 'cancel' or 'continue' both of which render the program unable to start up.

Please help as I can't see what is wrong as the data on said HD to me to me looks undamaged and available?

Return to posts index

Richard Cooper
Re: Final cut wont start up!
on Oct 18, 2010 at 5:50:28 pm

You may have a corrupted Project File or have done damage to the FCP Preferences. First, try trashing your FCP preferences. That should get FCP to open. If it opens but still has problems opening your project file go to your Auto Save vault and open the project from the time just before the crash. Then "save as" and overwrite your corrupted project file.

Good Luck!

Richard Cooper
FrostLine Productions, LLC
Anchorage, Alaska
http://www.frostlineproductions.com

Return to posts index

Kelly Delaney
on Oct 19, 2010 at 10:03:18 am

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your response, I have trashed preferences and tried starting up older project files within the autosave folder and other projects too, it seems that the fault is with the program itself as when I try and open FCP it initializes and then just stops as if I had never clicked on the icon?
I am a complete noob so my apologies if it's something obvious that I 'm missing :-/
Will I have to reinstall and if so will I still be able to open the project if infact it is not corrupted?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Return to posts index

Kelly Delaney
on Oct 19, 2010 at 10:29:03 am

Ignore previous message, thought I had trashed FCP preferences but I didn't now FCP opens and I have my project back undamaged, all media online galore, Thank you!!! :-)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]