FORUMS: list search recent posts

corrupted files

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ewa stern
corrupted files
on Oct 18, 2010 at 9:27:47 am

Hi there,
I have an odd problem. I'm working in HDV 1440x1080 (no field dominance) material shot on 1080 p 25 (since 3 years I haven't encountered such a problem). Before I export video (on average they are 6-8 min) I render my whole sequence, normally it takes 2-5 min. Yesterday it would take an hour! I haven't used any special effects this time (I often use smooth cam, or I rotate and enlarge my clips, color correct etc...) But this time I just did color correction.
I didn't have the time to wait an hour and since there were no red nor green lines (the indicators of render status) but rather grey and the gray blue I decided to export the movie without rendering, it took also comparatively long time and it came out pretty scrambled (pixelated, the image no longer recognizable).
I though ok I have to be patient and render that video.
But when I got back to my sequence all the clips that were scrambled in the final movie were now also scrambled in the sequence.
With some I chose the clips again and replaced the "damaged" ones with others I diabled and then enabled the clips again and it seemed like it did the trick. So I left the project over night for rendering.
Today I came in the morning I found the massage auto render complete, however the clips were again pixelated and the rendering takes again an hour.
Does anyone know what could this be caused by? and how can I fix it?
best regards
ewa

Return to posts index

Zak Ray
Re: corrupted files
on Oct 18, 2010 at 11:34:37 am

Sounds like it might be what you think it is, corrupted capture files. Just for kicks, though, try changing the sequence codec to ProRes.

Return to posts index

ewa stern
on Oct 18, 2010 at 11:42:01 am

Hey
thank you for your suggestion
they are definitely not corrupted capture files. The files are fine.
They got corrupted after I exported the video (completely weird) and after rendering but now I threw out all of the rendered files and exported the movie without rendering it and it worked, the movie looks fine.
If anyone has an answer what could it be what happened - very curious to know

best regards
es

Return to posts index

Zak Ray
on Oct 18, 2010 at 4:49:31 pm

Your guess is as good as mine. HDV is a notoriously troublesome format, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the fact that it's HDV was to blame.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]