FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working with AVCHD & HD together

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Pancer
Working with AVCHD & HD together
on Oct 16, 2010 at 2:31:12 am

I'm working on a project where half the footage was shot on an HDV camera (with DV tapes) and the other half was shot on a hard drive camera that uses the AVCHD format.

I've converted some of the AVCHD footage to Quicktime .MOV with Pavtube video converter, but when I put this footage on the same sequence as
the footage I shot with tape, it needs to render both video and audio.
It's going to be a REALLY time consuming process if I have to render everything.......! I have 30 hours of footage.... :o

I've tried matching everything: Frame rate, audio bit rate,etc, and the only thing that doesn't match up is the Compressor.

The former AVCHD footage says H.264, and the HD footage from tape says HDV 1060i.

PLEASE, is there any other file converting program that converts AVCHD to a .mov format with the HDV 1060i compression?

Is there possibly a way in Final Cut where I can work around this?

I really appreciate any help I can get! Thanks

Return to posts index

Jerry Hofmann
Re: Working with AVCHD & HD together
on Oct 16, 2010 at 3:58:30 am

AVCHD can be ingested into FCP through the log and transfer window. The codec used is ProRes. Then capture the HDV as ProRes through the log and transfer tool. There's a capture preset for this. Then both will be the same format.

Jerry

Apple Certified Trainer, Producer, Writer, Director Editor, Gun for Hire and other things. I ski. My Blog: http://blogs.creativecow.net/Jerry-Hofmann

DVD:http://store.creativecow.net/p/81/jerry_hofmanns_final_cut_system_setup

8-Core 3.0 Intel Mac Pro, Dual 2 gig G5, AJA Kona SD, AJA Kona 2, Huge Systems Array UL3D, AJA Io HD, 17" MBP, Matrox MXO2 with MAX Cinema Displays

Return to posts index

Matt Pancer
Re: Working with AVCHD & HD together
on Oct 16, 2010 at 12:51:38 pm

I tried to use the log and transfer feature, but when I try to drag any .mts files to the browser I get this error:

Warning
"00045" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media.

I understand this works well with files coming right off the camera, but unfortunately I only have the files to work with.

Any suggestions? Thanks for your help

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]