FORUMS: list search recent posts

An incrementing counter?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ard arvin
An incrementing counter?
on Oct 15, 2010 at 6:43:34 pm

I'd like to have an integer increment, frame to frame, by fixed amounts.
For instance, in one scene, going from 0 - 699, in increments of 3 over 233 frames. In another, from 700 - 1800, in increments of 2 over 550 frames.

I'm hoping the final effect would look like the ones place is blurring, tens increasing rapidly, hundreds fairly steady, etc.

Is this possible in FCP or Motion (3rd party plugin), without entering every number by hand?

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
Re: An incrementing counter?
on Oct 15, 2010 at 8:49:45 pm

This effect is in the fonts collection of livetype, and if you no longer have a stand-alone version of live type, the same effect is also now in Apple Motion 3 that I know of. Haven't played with M4 yet. There is a version on spinning "reels" like those of an old gas pump, and one that has the flop-over" cards like you see in some airport arrival displays.

Return to posts index

Peter Wiggins
on Oct 16, 2010 at 11:53:28 pm

Ard,

Checkout my Decimal Counter plugin

Return to posts index

ard arvin
on Oct 18, 2010 at 5:46:49 pm

Hello Peter,

I checked out your counter, cool plugin. Almost perfect. One thing (perhaps this isn't the place to say this, lemme know if you want to take this off forum):

When selecting a font, not all styles appear. E.g: Orator Std, in FCP shows Style: bold, plain, italic, bold/italic. The counter plugin shows only: medium, slanted?

Return to posts index

ard arvin
on Oct 18, 2010 at 6:18:33 pm

Hmm, I'm now seeing text in Motion has the same style parameters as your plugin, so I'm guessing that it's a FCP vs Motion thing. FCP is pulling more/different font styles than Motion?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]