FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Insert Editing" ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tucker Quenette
"Insert Editing" ?
on Oct 14, 2010 at 1:23:44 pm

Hi all,

I've recently had a small string of errors while mastering to tape, be it a mechanical glitch or finding an error in my editing.

I had been simply fixing the problems and re-mastering to tape, but I am hoping to tap into a "better way"

In my best description, I am hoping to get frame accurate print to tape off the same timeline the original taped material came from.

I've tried doing searches and have read and tried a few things, but at this point not much is clicking

Thanks

t

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: "Insert Editing" ?
on Oct 14, 2010 at 1:57:35 pm

Can you help us out by giving us details? Like what tape format you are trying to output to? Deck? Capture card? There are too many to try to guess at what you are doing.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tucker Quenette
Re: "Insert Editing" ?
on Oct 14, 2010 at 2:13:25 pm

DVCAM
Sony 1500A
LHi

Thanks Shane

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re:
on Oct 14, 2010 at 4:13:47 pm

Print to tape is an Assemble edit via firewire. To do an Insert edit, you need the optional board and use Edit To Tape via RS-422.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Tucker Quenette
Re: Re:
on Oct 14, 2010 at 11:09:35 pm

Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Perhaps you can tell me if I am even in the right zip code with what I need to do, these terms and functions are really new with me.

My situation was as follows:

I was printing to video and something glitched resulting in loss of picture and audio to deck.
I was 52 of 60 minutes into the tape, 52mins, 12 seconds and 4 frames to be exact.

I have since remastered the entire tape, but am hoping in the future to be able to pick up where I left off right down to the frame.

Any clarity as to what the proper terminology is for what I am trying to do and perhaps some basics surrounding the issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

t

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Re:
on Oct 15, 2010 at 12:04:20 am

You can do an ASSEMBLE edit from that part that glitched, to the end. Instead of starting at the beginning.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]