FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting HD and SD from single timeline

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Saji Nair
exporting HD and SD from single timeline
on Oct 14, 2010 at 7:13:18 am

hi everybody,
My fotage is shooted in Hd 1920 x1080 50i and my timeline is the same above. I have to export the time line in to both 1080 50i (HD sr tape)and pal(720 x 576 25 i) (pal dv tape\ Digi beta).both for TV transmission.
Is their any option to record both the tapes simultaniously?.pls explain me the best method to do this

best regards
Saji Nair

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: xporting HD and SD from single timeline
on Oct 14, 2010 at 12:40:14 pm

Both AJA Kona and Blackmagic Decklink cards output HD and downconverted SD simultaneously (on a separate connector)

Note that often graphics need to be remade for SD, so the convenience of doing it simultaneously might not be possible . Designing them in advance with SD in mind is a good idea.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 14, 2010 at 2:02:11 pm

You don't do this simultaneously. Because you will need to lay back frame accurately to a deck, with proper timecode and deck control...and you can only do that one at a time. You only have one deck control cable. So you need to output once to HD, and then once to SD. Or multiple times if you need to deliver multiple tapes.

I have had to output a show 5 times...because I needed to deliver four masters with different audio configurations, and one textless master.

Graphics won't need to be redone...just downconvert the HD master. PAL is 16:9 in both HD and SD, so you are covered there.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Alex Elkins
Re: Exporting HD and SD from single timeline
on Oct 14, 2010 at 3:34:27 pm

Hi Shane,

This is something I've hoped was possible and wonder if you have any idea whether such a thing exists - can you not get a RS-422 cable splitter so one could control 2 decks at once? Also on most decks there is a 9-pin control output - could you feasibly loop-through in the same way you can output the video signal to a monitor/DVD recorder etc at the same time as a dub??

This is all speculation and something I've tried and failed at achieving in the past. Nevertheless in my head it looks like it should be possible, although being an editor I have a tendency to be wildly optimistic.

Alex

Salad Daze Films - Freshly Tossed
Check out my latest addition to the Creative Cow Reels Section

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Exporting HD and SD from single timeline
on Oct 14, 2010 at 4:55:47 pm

Ah...right. I have seen this done in a MACHINE ROOM type environment, with routers and switchers and all sorts of fancy gear. I'm not sure how to do it for a single station sorta thing.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Saji Nair
on Oct 15, 2010 at 5:06:06 am

hi,
thanq everybody for responding to my post. Recording both the tapes at a time can save lot of time. Is their any option to split deck cantrol for both the decks?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]