FORUMS: list search recent posts

more rendering than usual??? Why is it doing this?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Mower
more rendering than usual??? Why is it doing this?
on Oct 13, 2010 at 8:00:06 pm

Hey folks ,

OK this is kind of hard to explain but here goes: I'm working on a wedding video (actually its done) and its about 1hr and 40 min long. The render folder alone is 100GB!! The entire project folder is 160GB! I've NEVER seen this. When I exported the wedding out of FCP it took about 50 min. Typically this takes 10-15 minutes for similiar length videos to export. Also , When I import to iDVD and hit "burn" , it tells me I have about 2 hours and 40 minutes remaining. Again , typically it takes about 50 min to an hour to burn similar length DVD's. Why is it doing this? Lastly , when I put the raw un-edited footage in the timeline I still have to render it...typically if the footage is "untouched" theres no rendering needed.(At least thats been my experience). I'm seeing "Asset encoding" when I burn the disc too , typically I dont see this but occasionally I do...what is Asset encoding and does this have anything to do with whats going on?

Thanks guys and girls!

Mark

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: more rendering than usual??? Why is it doing this?
on Oct 13, 2010 at 9:03:36 pm

[Mark Mower] "when I put the raw un-edited footage in the timeline I still have to render it...t"

That is a MAJOR WARNING SIGN...one that you need to pay heed to right away. That means that your clip settings and your sequence settings DO NOT MATCH. And you need to figure out why. If you don't want to render, then you sequence and clip settings need to match exactly. So something is up...your sequence settings are wrong and thus forcing you to render everything.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Mark Mower
Re: more rendering than usual??? Why is it doing this?
on Oct 24, 2010 at 2:10:14 pm

Shane ,

Thanks for the info! OK , I checked my sequence settings and my camera settings and nothing seems to be out of whack. But here's what I did: About 4 days ago I was ready to import and start working on my next wedding. I opened up a wedding in FCP that I filmed back in August(this wedding gave me NO problems) and I "started a new project" based off the settings of that wedding. Everything worked well and what I mean by that is rendering times were normal. Also , to export the final project (100 min.) took about 14 minutes. So even that went well. BUT , when I went to burn the DVD in iDVD , it's telling me I have 3 hours left. Typically , I can burn a 100 min. DVD in 1 hour. It's the "Asset Encoding" portion thats taking forever. What is Asset Encoding? Believe it or not I cant even google it and find info!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]