FORUMS: list search recent posts

Losing audio renders after edits are made

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
George Mandl
Losing audio renders after edits are made
on Oct 13, 2010 at 2:11:15 am

Please forgive me if this has been answered somewhere already (I looked but didn't find anything).

When working in FCP 7.0.2 on a MAC Pro with 8GB of RAM, and 2x 2.93 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon processors, I'm having an issue rendering audio.

If I render a sequence out, and then make a change to the length of the sequence, say halfway through, I lose the audio renders that come after the change (to the right of it). They all go red, and require a re-render. Most of my audio that requires rendering doesn't have heavy filters, but rather multiple tracks and perhaps some fades.

I should mention that my scratch disk has a very simple path, but its to an XSAN, as myself and another editor need to share sequences, and their render files.

Is any of this info raising a red flag to anyone that may have seen this before?

Thanks very much.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Losing audio renders after edits are made
on Oct 13, 2010 at 4:50:10 am

What format is your audio?

Return to posts index

George Mandl
on Oct 13, 2010 at 4:08:21 pm

24-bit
AIFF

Sequence is set to same.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 13, 2010 at 4:48:16 pm

Do the actual clips themselves turn red, or is it just the render bar at the top of the timeline?

If render bar at timeline, then go in to your FCP prefs and change the amount of rt audio tracks to playback. Default is 8, try changing to 16.

Final Cut Pro > User Preferences > General Tab > Real Time Audio Mixing

Jeremy

Return to posts index

George Mandl
on Oct 13, 2010 at 5:50:22 pm

That was it. Even though we're only working in 8 tracks, I suspect that FCP sees the fades as 2 tracks, making 8 tracks of realtime audio not sufficient.

Thanks Jeremy!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]