FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Apple Pro Res 23.98?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
frank Raposo
No Apple Pro Res 23.98?
on Oct 12, 2010 at 10:09:20 pm

I'm working on a feature that was shot with the Cannon 5D at 1920x1080 23.98fps and 48k 16 bit. I'm using Media Manager to re-compress the media down and storage is an issue. I was originally advised to use Offline RT 23.98 (for offline) but then was told to switch to ProRes Proxy. But there is no 23.98 for ProRes. I did try to create the clips and got a warning stating that the preset's frame rate would be ignored and the original frame rate will be used, which is great. I think the plan is to eventually use Cineform 444 as our online. But, I'd like to know if I'm going to run into any issues later on when we move to online. Thanks in advance for any help.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: No Apple Pro Res 23.98?
on Oct 12, 2010 at 10:36:41 pm

SURE there is 23.98 ProRes Proxy. For ALL FORMS of ProRes. Right there in the Easy Setups....just look.

When I use the Media Manager to Recompress, I see TONS of 24p options...of every shape and ProRes size.

You don't?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

frank Raposo
on Oct 13, 2010 at 11:02:01 pm

Oh, ok. I wasn't sure if 24p and 23.98 were the same thing or if there was a slight difference. Thanks.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 12, 2010 at 10:44:40 pm

Did you use Log & Transfer to get the footage in from the cards? If so, what codec did you choose. I presume you have FCP 7 if you are thinking of using ProRes proxy.

Return to posts index

frank Raposo
on Oct 13, 2010 at 11:05:55 pm

No, I didn't use Log and Transfer. I offloaded the media using Shot Put Pro (to create several backups), imported the media into FCP 7, and am going to use Media Manager to create the Pro Res files to use as my offline.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 13, 2010 at 11:11:23 pm

[frank Raposo] "I offloaded the media using Shot Put Pro (to create several backups), im"

Don't do that. Well, DO the ShotPut offload. But DO NOT import the RAW H.264 files into FCP, then Media Manage. Simply download the EOS Log and Transfer plugin, then use L&T to import the footage as ProRes proxy. Then cut. Then Media Manage the cut using MAKE OFFLINE, and choose the codec you want. Then BATCH CAPTURE from the source again. Darn simple.

Here, I have a tutorial: http://library.creativecow.net/ross_shane/tapeless_online/1

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

frank Raposo
on Oct 14, 2010 at 8:02:50 pm

Thank you so much. You've been a huge help. So far so good and everything is working as it should. The FCP organization DVD has been helpful too. I can't thank you enough.

quinnmcguee

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]