FORUMS: list search recent posts

HDV to DVD (Dual Layer or DVD 5) via FCP 6.X

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
tatum bisley
HDV to DVD (Dual Layer or DVD 5) via FCP 6.X
on Oct 12, 2010 at 7:02:46 am

Hi,

Before is start, i just want to thankyou for providing such a valuable resource. I have learnt so much from your site and podcasts. Thankyou!

I've had a look at a few posts and can't find an answer for my problem.

I've edited a 2 hour 40 min show in FCP as HDV50i. I've create chapter markers to use as DVD chapters.
I've exported using the Export Quicktime Movie and ensured the DVDStudio Pro Markers are selected.The output is: Size 1920 x 1080, Codecs MPEG-2 Video, Linear PCM, Timecode, Text and Color profile HD (1-1-1).

The filesize is 31.95gb.

I'm planning on creating a master disc and then having it replicated by a thirdparty company to give to all the participants of the show that i filmed as a thankyou. (seems an expensive thankyou now lol).
I can either replicate onto Dual layer discs or single discs x2 (Dual layer seems a lot more economical)due to the filesize/video lengh.

Can you advise on how to create the mastercopy at the best possible quality? Should i go 2 discs or a dual layer disc? Should i use Compressor or does DVD Studio Pro sort it all out?

I have compressor and have seen the presets that specify times that are less than my own and they also seem to only encode for DVD 5.... (single layer)... clearly this is a new area for me.... Please can you help?

Thanks in advance, Tatum

Return to posts index

eric pautsch
Re: HDV to DVD (Dual Layer or DVD 5) via FCP 6.X
on Oct 12, 2010 at 11:09:13 am

This should go in the DVDSP forum.

This question is asked probably 3x times a week. You should do a search next time.

1. First things first...you need to have a 720 x 576 16x9 Anamorphic uncompressed file to encode.

2. Once you have this, you need to download a good bitrate calculator to determine the best bitrate for your project based on time.

3. Encode in compressor with the correct aspect ratio (16x9) and filed dominance (if interlaced)

4. Also include a Dolby Digital AC3 instead of PCM - lower bandwidth usage.

4. Author away

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]