FORUMS: list search recent posts

Share... Current Settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin Parsons
Share... Current Settings
on Oct 12, 2010 at 12:33:04 am

Is there a way to export a Sequence from FCP using the sequence settings as the codec without tying up FCP or having to create the specs in Compressor?

Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Share... Current Settings
on Oct 12, 2010 at 12:39:44 am

No. Render...export via FILE>EXPORT>QUICKTIME MOVIE...self contained, using sequence settings.

What other application will be able to export a sequence FROM WITHIN FCP? Only FCP has that sequence, so you need to export FROM FCP...

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Dustin Parsons
on Oct 12, 2010 at 1:10:50 am

Thanks for the speedy reply! Sorry, I guess it was pretty stupid to have specified "within FCP".

Basically, the reason I ask is because I know that with FCP 7 you have the option of exporting using File > Share... which sends your timeline to Compressor (letting you continue to work in FCP), however, as far as I know there is no option for using Share... without going through the trouble of creating a Compressor setting to have the same specs as your FCP Sequence.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks again.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Mac Pro | Leopard 10.5.7
2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon | 4GB Ram
Final Cut Pro Studio 2 | Avid Media Composer

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 12, 2010 at 1:25:41 am

Well, I dont' use Share. I like having a file that I export and then can do what I want with it. Always have it to do whatever...so I don't have to go BACK to that project and export again. Exporting a self contained file takes very little time, especially when fully rendered.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]