FORUMS: list search recent posts

Delay in audio with respect to video.

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josue M  Sisco
Delay in audio with respect to video.
on Oct 11, 2010 at 11:57:09 pm

Hi!, I'm currently editing a tv show and I record the audio and video separately. The video is recorded with a Sony HVR-HD100U on miniDV HD tapes(sony brand). And the audio is recorded in my computer with Cubase LE 4, with an interface that has XLR inputs and the interface connects to my computer through firewire.

My problem is that when my audio editing guy finishes editing the audio and hands me the file (.wav) and I import it to my FCP timeline, even if I correctly align (sync audio and video) it at the beginning of the clip at the end of the video (normally about 26-27 mins) the audio is completely off. And I have to periodically cut the audio and realign it a couple of milliseconds. I wanted to know if I was doing something wrong or if you guys can give me any suggestions, anything is greatly appreciated.

JMSO

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
Re: Delay in audio with respect to video.
on Oct 12, 2010 at 4:02:29 am

[Josue M Sisco] "I record the audio and video separately."

Why? are you recording a reference track on your camera that you can use as a guide when you slip out of sync?

[Josue M Sisco] "My problem is that when my audio editing guy finishes editing the audio and hands me the file (.wav) and I import it to my FCP timeline, even if I correctly align (sync audio and video) it at the beginning of the clip at the end of the video (normally about 26-27 mins) the audio is completely off."

How are you giving your audio guy the files he uses to mix the show

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

Josue M  Sisco
on Oct 12, 2010 at 4:12:09 am

Sorry I forgot to include this but yes, I record the audio with all of the cameras with the included microphone for reference in editing. I do not use this recording given the amount of ambient noise that is captured. My problem is not with syncing but with the fact that the audio that is recorded from the individual microphones of each speaker, seems to be slower, given that i sync it correctly in the first couple of minutes but it gets out of sync by itself by the end of the reocrding.

The files i give him are .wav and he gets them through a normal external HDD.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Oct 12, 2010 at 4:22:20 am

There have been lots of posts about wav files returning from audio post not syncing in FCP. Jeremy Garchow has described the correct way to import a wav file so that it doesn't get the wrong frame rate info associated with it.

Search this forum for "sync" and "Jeremy Garchow" and you will find his method.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]