FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to output to tape, Sony HVR-V1e and FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jakob Mortensen
How to output to tape, Sony HVR-V1e and FCP
on Oct 10, 2010 at 9:44:03 pm

Hey

I have a problem that I cant seem to resolve. I have FCP 6.0.6 and a Sony HVR-V1e. I have captured a bit of HDV and then lost the tape. I need to output the sequence back to a HDV tape since a client can only use it from a tape.

Now I have tried to use the "print to video" function but it doesnt work. Nothing is recieved on the Sony HVR-V1e. I use it in VCR mode and press record manually.

I would be really grateful if someone could give me some pointer to how I solve this ??

Best wishes

Jakob

Return to posts index

mark jenner
Re: How to output to tape, Sony HVR-V1e and FCP
on Oct 10, 2010 at 10:24:05 pm

hi try turning the hvr1e first and make sure its plugged in to the firewire cable thats attached to your mac.
then open final cut pro it should sense the connection and allow you to output to tape..

hope this helps

mark j

Return to posts index

Jakob Mortensen
on Oct 10, 2010 at 10:26:58 pm

Thanks a lot for that fast suggestion Mark, I really appreciate it.

I will try that tomorrow when I am back at work. Should i use the function Print to video or the edit to tape option ? I have not tried this before :0)

Best wishes

Jakob

Return to posts index

mark jenner
on Oct 10, 2010 at 10:39:34 pm

print to tape i would think if not try the other...

make sure you are using firewire in to the camera or tape deck

mj

Return to posts index

Jakob Mortensen
on Oct 11, 2010 at 2:18:15 pm

Hey

I must be doing something wrong on a basic level, it just doesnt work. I have now also tried it to another HDV cam the FX1e, same result unfortunately.

But thanks for trying.

Best wishes

Jakob

Return to posts index

Andy Mees
on Oct 11, 2010 at 3:12:54 pm

[Jakob Mortensen] " I use it in VCR mode and press record manually"

That won't work with HDV Jakob, unfortunately HDV is not output in real time from the timeline over Firewire as the nature of the codec prevents that. Your edit first needs to be "conformed" to a single unbroken GOP and then specially output back to your HDV camera/deck - this is all handled as part of the HDV "Print to Video" function ... note that Edit To Tape does not work with HDV. But before you select this Print to Video function tho you'll want to first ensure that your settings in FCP are correctly set for HDV output. Easiest is to first select the correct HDV Easy Setup that matches your format. When you've done that then you'll want to double check everything ... open FCP's A/V Settings window and check that "Different Output for Edit to Tape/Print to Video" is checked, and that the settings there match the required HDV output format ie HDV (1440 x 1080) and HDV audio, and whilst you're in the A/V Settings window you might also want to double check the Summary tab to see that the Device Control Preset is correctly set to Sony HDV Firewire.

Assuming all is good you can just go ahead and follow all the steps exactly as detailed in the manual:

To output your HDV sequence to tape
Make sure your camcorder is properly connected to your computer via FireWire.

For more information, see “Stage 1: Connecting an HDV Camcorder to Your Computer via FireWire.”

Insert a DV tape into the HDV camcorder.

In the Browser, do one of the following:

Select a sequence or clip.

Double-click a sequence to open it in the Timeline.

Double-click a clip to open it in the Viewer.

Choose File > Print to Video.

The Print to Video dialog appears.

Select any leader or trailer elements you want to include on your tape, as well as start, end, and looping options.

Tip: If you want Final Cut Pro to start recording automatically, select the Automatically Start Recording checkbox.

Click OK.

If any segments of your sequence require rendering or conforming, Final Cut Pro renders and conforms them now. A progress dialog appears indicating the amount of time that remains until rendering and conforming are complete. Any segments of your sequence where GOP boundaries were broken (such as the frames around edit points or any frames with added filters, motion parameters, and so on) are conformed.

A second progress dialog briefly appears indicating the time it takes to process leader, trailer, and gap elements in your sequence.

A dialog appears when your sequence is ready for output.

If you did not select the Automatically Start Recording checkbox in the Print to Video dialog, press the record button on your camcorder or deck, then click OK.

If your tape is write-protected or if frames are dropped during the Print to Video operation, a dialog appears allowing you to try the operation again.

Hope it helps
Andy

Return to posts index

Jakob Mortensen
on Oct 12, 2010 at 10:16:51 am

Hey Andy

You are a Hero :0). I will try your solution out at once and let you and the forum know if that did the trick :0).

Thanks a bunch for trying.

Best wishes

Jakob

Return to posts index

Jakob Mortensen
on Oct 12, 2010 at 10:53:16 am

Hey Andy

It worked, you just helped me A LOT, this was causing me grief, thx a lot Andy.

Best wishes

Jakob

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]