exporting to .wmv

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Lesondak
exporting to .wmv
on Oct 10, 2010 at 3:20:45 pm

Dear All,

Thanks in advance.

I'm producing 2 projects, both of which need versions in the .wmv format.

When I use Final Cut to export using QuickTime Conversion I get very good quality, but only the first 28 -29 seconds of any of the sequences.

I have also tried using MPEG Streamclip to do a similar conversion with the exact same results.

Following the advice in this Forum I did upgrade my copy of Flip4Mac to the Pro version but this has changed nothing.

Can someone please give me the fix?

Thanks

David

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
Re: exporting to .wmv
on Oct 10, 2010 at 6:44:50 pm

Well, it seems fairly obvious to me that something is wrong with your install of the pro upgrade, because nothing has changed. Your problem, is that you're using the free version which allows only 30 seconds of output. Check your install. How, I don't remember because I haven't had to use .wmv in 3 years. Maybe you should check on using flash or h264. Something a little more friendly.

Return to posts index

Richard Keating
Re: exporting to .wmv
on Oct 11, 2010 at 1:34:53 am

To check if the Pro version of Flip4mac has been installed, see if you have any 2pass options on your presets. If you only have 1pass presets, it has not installed correctly. This happened to me when I first installed it. Mutilple re-installs didn't work so I made a quick call to their support and I was off to the races.

Richard Keating
Editor, Co-Creator of ScreenLight
"Painless Video Review and Approval"
http://www.screenlight.tv

Return to posts index

Thomas Morter-Laing
Re: xporting to .wmv
on Oct 11, 2010 at 7:14:00 am

Or we could ALL stop using wmv, and tell our clients to use something more sensible. You know, like ANY OTHER FORMAT. sorry I hate wmv, it's useless and has no point these days...

:D
Tom Morter-Laing
Certified Apple Product Proffessional, 2010
Degree; TV Production

iMac 27" intel i7 2.93GHz, 12GB RAM, ATI HD5750 [1GB GDDR5], 2TB Int. SATA with 2TB External HDD; (FW800).

Return to posts index

David Lesondak
Re: xporting to .wmv
on Oct 11, 2010 at 11:15:22 am

Amen Brother!

Thank you all – this has all been quite helpful

David

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]