FORUMS: list search recent posts

stills are shaking after export/render

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ziga Zavrl
stills are shaking after export/render
on Oct 10, 2010 at 6:43:39 am

hi. i am working on a web video project - HD 1280x720 in FCP (6.0.5) and i need to include still pictures (size 1180 x 2000 at 72 dpi) with zoom and ken burn effect. when rendering/exporting still pictures are shaking (only when still picture is moving - when zoom or ken burn in used).

i try some solutions found on this forum (de-interlacing, uncheck frameblending and flicker filter) but without success. Any solutions to this problem??

Thank you for your answer!

Return to posts index

Harry Powell
Re: stills are shaking after export/render
on Oct 10, 2010 at 11:52:37 am

This worked for me for imported tiff logos moving with scrolling credits... (in FCP 6.0.6)

I added tiffs to the Timeline. Made them into freeze frames (i.e. select tiff in Timeline, then Modify then Make Freeze Frame). Replaced tiff in Timeline with freeze frame (resize if necessary etc). Then applied De-interlace filter with Flicker Filter (max) to it.

Return to posts index

Harry Powell
on Oct 10, 2010 at 12:57:52 pm

... thinking about it more, I'm guessing your 'shaking' problem is slightly different to mine described above which I think was more to do with 'jaggies' caused by field issues. So not sure if my suggestion will solve your problem ..

The 'shaking' thing I remember experiencing with titles created within FCP, when I put a slow zoom on them. My mistake was to create the zoom by changing the font size, rather than using the Motion tab within FCP (and making sure that the font size was correct for the point at which they are biggest on the screen).

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Oct 11, 2010 at 7:23:08 pm

[Ziga Zavrl] " i am working on a web video project - HD 1280x720 in FCP (6.0.5) and i need to include still pictures (size 1180 x 2000 at 72 dpi) with zoom and ken burn effect. when rendering/exporting still pictures are shaking (only when still picture is moving - when zoom or ken burn in used)"

Let's see...

....your edit timeline is 1280 pixels across, your stills are 1180 pixels across... and you're zooming on them. You don't have any extra resolution to be zooming. Cripes, you don't have enough resolution to make a full-width picture! It's no wonder your stuff looks like garbage.

You need higher-resolution pictures. MUCH higher-resolution pictures.

And you really should be doing this kind of work in Motion, which has much better scaling algorithms than FCP.

By the way: the term, "dots per inch" (dpi) is totally irrelevant in FCP and other video-production applications. They only know about pixels.
A 10-inch-wide image at 300 dpi and a 30-inch-wide image at 100 dpi are PRECISELY THE SAME SIZE -- 3000 pixels wide.

Dave LaRonde
Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Kevin Knutson
on Oct 12, 2010 at 10:56:58 pm

Dave is right that your images are too small, but that shouldn't give you the jumps that so frequently occur in FCP. Try what he says about motion (or after effects), but perhaps also try bringing your images in and PNGs or tiffs rather than JPEGs (im guessing?). FCP hates JPEGs it seems.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]