FORUMS: list search recent posts

Video creating audio dropout thru output

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Daniel Bernardoni
Video creating audio dropout thru output
on Oct 9, 2010 at 7:05:04 pm

Aloha,

I am running 10.6.4 on a G5, using multibridge pro from Blakcmagic.

I was outputting a show on Hdcam, and everything seemed to fine. I was listening the the show thru the system speaker and everything sounded fine.
However when we checked the tape the audio would drop out briefly at different time in the show.
So I played back my sequence on the competer sounded fine thru the speakers, but when I monitor with headphone on the deck the audio would drop out.
Tried a bunch things, nothing worked, until I disabled the video and suddenly the audio playback properly.
Added a RGB limit filter to the whole show and the audio plaid fine.
Can someone explain to me what is going on...
daniel

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Video creating audio dropout thru output
on Oct 10, 2010 at 3:27:53 am

Lots of possibilities. Firstly Snow Leopard was not designed to run on a G5 Power PC. This could make the issue either OS & processor or drivers for the Multibridge.

Next possibilities are reference syncing between the deck and the card. Do you have reference video to gen lock the devices. If not, then you should check that the deck is locked to incoming video and the multibridge is not looking for external sync.

Do you have the audio embedded in the SDI signal or are you going AES to the deck. If AES then try SDI. Audio muting tends to suggest there is a timing issue between the video signal and the audio. If yo are not hearing the audio drop out when monitoring FCP directly and it is only apparent on monitoring the deck (which is the prefered way to lay back to tape), then my guess is a timing problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]