FORUMS: list search recent posts

H.264 to ProRes Audio Problem

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Whittington
H.264 to ProRes Audio Problem
on Oct 7, 2010 at 5:24:02 pm

Hello,

I posted yesterday about trying to bring H.264 files shot on a 5d into FC. I am now trying to convert all the files to ProRes using compressor and am having a problem...

Since there are almost 300 files and the project is 50% put together already, I'm trying to export to the same file names and replace. I created a droplet in compressor with the settings and tested a couple of the clips. The video works fine however the audio is either silent or plays a second or two of static before silence.

I tried another clip exporting to a new file name and the audio worked. It's just when I replace the original with the new ProRes version that there is an issue. I could export all 300 files w/new names, delete the originals, then change the names...just curious why this is not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!!

Return to posts index

Mark Petereit
Re: H.264 to ProRes Audio Problem
on Oct 7, 2010 at 6:34:37 pm

Probably because Compressor replaces video first, then audio. And if you're using the same file as your source and destination, by the time it gets to audio, you've already overwritten it.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: H.264 to ProRes Audio Problem
on Oct 7, 2010 at 8:18:33 pm

And, verify that your transcoded audio is 48khz. Many cameras shoot other flavors of audio and those are simply passed through unless you manually change the sample rate yourself.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]