FORUMS: list search recent posts

Fps in FCP ?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Mortner
Fps in FCP ?
on Oct 7, 2010 at 12:50:29 pm

Hello all,

I've been trying to edit and work with 16fps footage in its native frame without success. I had to go back to FCP6 and make a new sequence with the right frame rate and drag into FCP7. Seems rather odd that a feature of arbitrary frame rates got removed ?

Or am I doing FCP7 a wrong ?

Thanks all !

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
Re: Fps in FCP ?
on Oct 7, 2010 at 1:26:06 pm

FCP never had arbitrary frame rates. It has always been frame rate specific to standard video frames 23.976 and higher.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

James Mortner
on Oct 7, 2010 at 1:27:31 pm

But I just made a sequence at 16fps an hour ago !

Return to posts index

Tom Wolsky
on Oct 7, 2010 at 1:34:16 pm

Not in any FCP sequence you didn't. You might think it was 16fps, but it wasn't.

All the best,

Tom

Class on Demand DVDs "Complete Training for FCP7," "Basic Training for FCS" and "Final Cut Express Made Easy"
Author: "Final Cut Pro 5 Editing Essentials" and "Final Cut Express 4 Editing Workshop"

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 7, 2010 at 1:42:53 pm

QT allows to making movies with lower fps's for animations, but as Tom says, FC only works with standard video time-bases.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

James Mortner
on Oct 7, 2010 at 3:20:19 pm

Ok sorry, I fibbed a bit before. You have to export an XML documnet and manually change the fps to
16. This seemed to work as a nasty bodge-job

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 7, 2010 at 4:17:15 pm

It may be possible to do it in Compressor (8, 10, 12 and 15fps), but I've never tried.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]