FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to use Avid batch lists to import XDcamHD?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lee Warner
How to use Avid batch lists to import XDcamHD?
on Oct 6, 2010 at 2:39:56 am

Is there any method that would allow me to import an Avid ale batch list into the XDCAM Transfer utility in order to then get only the selected XDCAM clips into FCP? Clear as mud? In my day job, logging software called Executive Producer is used to create Avid batch lists which in turn are used in a Windows based NLE to batch capture in real-time and I am trying to figure out if I can use those same logging lists to get XDcamHD footage into FCP using a tapeless workflow.

Lee
SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LW1760 Monitor • Matrox MX02 • Caldigit HD One 8tb Raid • Euphonix MC Transport • Final Cut Studio 3 • Adobe Production Premium Bundle

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: How to use Avid batch lists to import XDcamHD?
on Oct 6, 2010 at 2:42:55 am

Not sure if it will work but you can import an ALE file into Cinema Tools a d convert it to an FCP batch list

Return to posts index

Lee Warner
on Oct 6, 2010 at 2:52:09 am

Thanks John,

I've been able to stumble through Cinema Tools to get a list to show up in FCP but how to I tell the Sony XDCAM Transfer utility to use that list to import only the log selects from the XD disk drive into FCP?

Lee
SAMDOG Digital Post
Calgary, Alberta
Mac Pro 2.66 12-core 16gb ram • FSI LW1760 Monitor • Matrox MX02 • Caldigit HD One 8tb Raid • Euphonix MC Transport • Final Cut Studio 3 • Adobe Production Premium Bundle

Return to posts index

Bouke Vahl
on Oct 6, 2010 at 7:07:20 am

You can't do it with FCP only.
The transfer tool only does entire clips.
To get partial content, you need this:

http://www.videotoolshed.com/product/40/xdcamextract-for-fcp

Or, hook up the XDcam as a deck and ingest tape style.

hth,
Bouke

Bouke

http://www.videotoolshed.com/
smart tools for video pros

Return to posts index

Daniel Wright
on Oct 13, 2010 at 7:56:27 pm

Sorry, I only just noticed this post.

You can get XDCAM Transfer to import from a batch list using the Applescript interface that mysteriously appeared in version 2.12.The only documentation is the dictionary accessible from Script Editor but it shouldn't be to difficult for someone with even a basic knowledge of Applescript to work out.

The 'import' command allows you to specify start and end timecodes, as well as the filename and the directory you wish to import the clips to.

HTH

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]