FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP cannot connect to the digitized files !

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
samir kassab
FCP cannot connect to the digitized files !
on Oct 5, 2010 at 7:47:00 pm

hey guys

i'm trying to solve a really annoying problem that i'm getting a lot lately ,,,i'm going trough lot of archives and digitizing it using the the '' capture now '' in the log and capture window !its a mix of beta sp , digital beta , beta SX and IMX material ... and its all digitizing using the Prores DV422 (HQ) codec!

so lately,lot of the clips that i digitize doesn't play in the viewer window , and off course i cant use it for editing , so what i am doing is going back to the original file in the capture scratch and moving it to another hardrive and changing the name then reimporting it to final cut 7.0 where it works just fine after this process!

is there any reason why the FCP is failing to connect to its media !is there anything i can do other than to go around and copy files from one drive to another !

thanks in advance !

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: FCP cannot connect to the digitized files !
on Oct 6, 2010 at 2:26:37 am

Hi Samir,
Possibly is not FC, but your system who is making funny things.
Repair permissions and use any application (DiskWarrior, TechTools,..) to rebuild your HD directories.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

samir kassab
Re: FCP cannot connect to the digitized files !
on Oct 10, 2010 at 10:30:05 pm

thanks Rafael! i intend to do a major clean up for my drives after this big archives mess!thanks for the tip though! long live the cow :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]