FORUMS: list search recent posts

Mastering to AJ-HD1400 via Firewire

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Marshall
Mastering to AJ-HD1400 via Firewire
on Oct 5, 2010 at 2:09:38 pm

I know that I should be mastering to this deck via the Kona LHe, but I'm still waiting on my Gen 10 so firewire is the only option at the moment as far as I know.

I should also note that I've mastered via FW to this deck on this machine in the past with no problem. I've blacked the tape and done assemble edits to the deck just fine (without any audio pops as well).

I have a 720P 30 sequence that I need to put to tape as frame accurate as possible so that it can be re-digitized for another editor to use in a multi-clip sequence. When I go to Edit to Tape and choose the "black the tape" icon I give it the correct starting timecode to black the tape. The operation starts normally, except that the timecode on the deck shows the tape being blacked with completely different timecode.

After some testing, I realized that the timecode the deck is displaying and putting down on the tape is free run based on how long the deck has been powered up. If the deck's been on for 15 minutes it'll start at 00:15:00,00, etc.

I'm in Regen mode on the TCG switch, and according to the manual the firewire in should be over-ruling any other timecode generation.

Any ideas?

Thanks very much!

Return to posts index

Chad Tingle
Re: Mastering to AJ-HD1400 via Firewire
on Oct 5, 2010 at 4:06:04 pm

[Travis Marshall] "After some testing, I realized that the timecode the deck is displaying and putting down on the tape is free run based on how long the deck has been powered up. If the deck's been on for 15 minutes it'll start at 00:15:00,00, etc."

There should be a setting in the menu that changes the deck's timecode from free run to rec run

[Travis Marshall] "I'm in Regen mode on the TCG switch, and according to the manual the firewire in should be over-ruling any other timecode generation."

you are in regen mode but Does the deck give you the ability to set external or internal regen for timecode. If you selected INT regen the deck would generate it's own timecode but if you want the timecode from the sequence you should set it to EXT regen to slave the timecode from the timeline.

Chad Tingle
Producer/Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]