FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 missing folder structure FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Edward Wright
P2 missing folder structure FCP
on Oct 5, 2010 at 10:02:30 am

This is my first post,so if I have left out any relevant information please let me know.

I have received a hard drive from a client with some P2 footage on it.

There are many different folders, each containing a contents folder (or in some cases, just the mxf files). Some of the folders that have a contents folder do not have the lastclip file. I know the way to resolve this issue is to create a lastclip file with all the relevant information, as I have encountered this problem before. However, this is not the problem.

My problem is with the folders with no folder structure, ie. no contents folder containing an audio, clip, icon, proxy, etc folders. There are folders which have been renamed that only contain 6 or 7 mxf files and nothing else.

Trying to import these files into FCP is a no go. I was wondering is there any way that I can get these files into FCP or any other program that will allow me to view/edit with them.

Thanks,

Ed

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: P2 missing folder structure FCP
on Oct 5, 2010 at 4:14:44 pm

You'll need software like MXF4Mac or Calibrated or Raylight. Those allow direct access to the MXF files.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Edward Wright
on Oct 6, 2010 at 8:20:42 am

Thanks Shane. I am however looking for a less costly option. I'll look into it and speak to the financiers!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 6, 2010 at 2:58:52 pm

Calibrated is your cheapest option. You must use third party option if the card structure is messed up. No two ways about it.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]