FORUMS: list search recent posts

Render Settings

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sean Kapleton
Render Settings
on Oct 4, 2010 at 3:23:26 pm

Hello

I know this will seem like a very basic question but somehow with all of my years of experience it is still somehow a topic of confusion between me and other editors.

I have always been taught (video tutorials like lynda.com) to check all of the render settings but I notice a lot of editors only have a couple checked - I believe so they can just create and not focus on constantly having to render. I am more of an online editor so for me I need to do final renders of things so my settings are different of course.

What I want to know is what can I leave unchecked because when i go into an offline editors room to help or deliver something i always end up checking everything and that annoys both me and the editor who has to change back his or her settings. How do I make FCP render completely and fully without having to check everything again when its time to deliver for tape, dvd, web, etc...

I want to know the keyboard shortcut and settings that will render everything fully while still leaving most of those render settings unchecked for better work-flow for offline.

cheers

sean

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
Re: Render Settings
on Oct 4, 2010 at 3:46:02 pm

Hi Sean,
Truly important is to set everything to the higher setting on sporting.
Before that, depends very much of your system, the job, your skills, self-confidence, etc.
The point is that you work fast, comfortable, and that in the end the job is well done.

[Sean Kapleton] "I want to know the keyboard shortcut and settings that will render everything fully while still leaving most of those render settings unchecked for better work-flow for offline"
The setting that changes the rendering quality are accessible on the Preferences. No shortcuts that I know.
Rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Sean Kapleton
on Oct 4, 2010 at 3:53:37 pm

not sure we are understanding each other here...

This would be on a newer MacPro - all fast post-facility machines and I mean the settings tab at the top where it has Render and Render all where you can check different options - otherwise i know how to set my system preferences and such.

maybe my question makes no sense? sorry if that is the case.

sean

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 4, 2010 at 4:18:48 pm

Got it.
Option-R.
rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Sean Kapleton
on Oct 4, 2010 at 4:50:20 pm

That's what i figured but so do i have to check only certain render settings? I want to keep most things unchecked and speed up the offline process but want to still be able to do FULL renders without re-checking all of those settings...in the past when i have done this and hit option r i still see color bars notifying me that i need to still render something so I always end up having to check everything and then select all command R.

thoughts?

thank you

sean

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]