FORUMS: list search recent posts

Accidentally shot with nightshot on

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin Rierson
Accidentally shot with nightshot on
on Oct 4, 2010 at 4:19:28 am

I was shooting a wedding this past weekend and my normal camera operator didn't show up so I had a PHOTOGRAPHER take control of my second camera to get some footage for me. I assumed he knew what he was doing since he does photography but boy was I wrong. He shot the whole wedding with the NIGHTSHOT on. Terrible I know. I dont know what to do. I filmed with my camera with the mindset that my second camera would fill in all my gaps. Is there any way to salvage this or am I finished? I tried converting in FCP to Black & White but it only looks Black & White in certain shots and unfortunately not while the ceremony is going on. For some reason it looks very gray and dull. If I can at least get the two cameras to match B&W then I'll be able to present that but if not then Im doomed.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Accidentally shot with nightshot on
on Oct 4, 2010 at 4:25:07 am

Post a still image here so we can see what the B&W image looks like. A picture is truly worth a thousand words you know.

Return to posts index

Kevin Rierson
on Oct 4, 2010 at 4:51:58 am

1139_003.jpg.zip

1141_002.jpg.zip

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 4, 2010 at 5:35:59 am

Hi Kevin,
I think you can get a decent B&W, but you will need to practice with the 3W-CC filter.
Low the blacks to get real blacks in the picture and adjust the whites to get the correct white.
Then play with the middles to rise or low contrast.
If you want to clean the grain/noise, you will need a good plugin, like NeatVideo.
This is a fast test done in Photoshop.

rafael

http://www.nagavideo.com

Return to posts index

Kevin Rierson
on Oct 4, 2010 at 2:19:55 pm

I keep trying but what i get after desaturating is the groom's suit is black with the normal footage but his suit is still grayish with the nightshot footage. Did u notice?

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 4, 2010 at 3:28:28 pm

Hi Keving,
The thing is that to get a good B&W is better start with the full color.
In your picture you have just Luminance, so objects of the same luma will give you the same gray, whatever the tone.
In photography is not like that.
If I would need to CC that footage, I would do it in Color. There you have much better tools to treat the picture.
Rafael

Return to posts index

Kevin Rease
on Oct 4, 2010 at 5:14:03 pm

I once had a client bring me footage with this same situation. I used the 3 way color corrector. With the eyedropper I selected what should be mapped to white in the video. This corrected my footage. Good luck with this.

Kevin

Return to posts index

Rafael Amador
on Oct 5, 2010 at 1:23:01 am

[Kevin Rease] "I once had a client bring me footage with this same situation. I used the 3 way color corrector. With the eyedropper I selected what should be mapped to white in the video"
That makes sense in a color picture that you can have different blacks and whites.
In a B&W picture you set black and whites with the sliders.
rafael

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]