FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Meltdown

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Fields
Final Cut Meltdown
on Oct 2, 2010 at 1:04:00 am

My FCP crashed (after I saved and exited) and when I restarted, all of the work that I had done has disappeared. Any clues as to what happened?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Final Cut Meltdown
on Oct 2, 2010 at 1:59:48 am

You opened the same project again? Hmm...try the latest AUTOSAVE from the AUTOSAVE VAULT.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Tony Fields
on Oct 2, 2010 at 2:53:42 am

ok. i am saving on almost every edit and without warning, fcp will begin acting erratically (not allowing drag n drop effects, etc). when i shut down, i get an error box (fcp has shut down without warning).
i cannot figure out the issue. i have had to re-edit a part of the sequence that i'm working on 4 times and when i use "restore project", i can't get back the edits that i just did. i am UUNDONE!!
iMAC
Intel Core Duo
2.4 GHZ, 1GB
Final Cut Pro 7

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 2, 2010 at 2:55:54 am

Time to trash those preferences...

#44: FCP acting weird - Trash Prefs

Shane's Stock Answer #44: FCP acting weird or unusual. Just not like is normally should

If the program was working fine, and now isn't, or just isn't working the way it should, the first things to do are:

1) Trash your FCP preferences. Download the Preference Manager from Digital Rebellion: http://www.digitalrebellion.com/pref_man.htm

http://www.kenstone.net/fcp_homepage/trashing_fcp_prefs.html

2) Open the Disk Utility and Repair Permissions.

3) Shut down for 10 min. Go for a quick walk around the block and get SOME exercise today. Come back, turn on the computer and see how things are.

4) (optional) Do the Hokey Pokey and turn your self about. Results may vary.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Gary Askham
on Oct 2, 2010 at 12:49:58 pm

You're not giving us much to go on, Tony.

What kind of video format are you editing? 1GB of RAM is the minimum requirement for FCP - if you're doing anything a little more demanding than basic DV editing though you probably want a bit more.

FCP can crash for many reasons - usually due to human error or under spec'ed systems. Also, what kind of level of proficiency would you say you are at? Just so we can rule out the basics.

------------------------
FCP and Avid Technical Support
Air Post Production
Shoreditch - London

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]