FORUMS: list search recent posts

White issue...

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Parsons
White issue...
on Oct 1, 2010 at 3:48:17 pm

Help!

I posted a problem a while ago which was solved but now I have a new one with the same piece...

I am editing a piece to camera with a presenter against a white background. I have cropped the canvas to her body and I've put a white colour solid in the track underneath to fill the gaps on the left and right.

In the canvas screen on the brand new iMac i'm using she appears against a completely white background. However when I export the piece as a mov and view on another pc, if you look at the clip from the side of the screen you can see a yellowish block of colour around the original media and pure white on the two sides. I am wondering why I can't see this colour difference when I'm editing?

If anyone has any ideas and how to correct I would be very grateful.

Return to posts index

Andreas Karoliussen
Re: White issue...
on Oct 1, 2010 at 6:43:57 pm

Hi,

Pop your video scope from the "tools" menu. Here you see luma levels in one of the four squares.
To get your actors white background to match your solid you can either match the solid by using a color picker and select the yellow white. Or you can blow out your actors background. Using for instanse 3wayCC and drag up highlights. Or use the limit function on luma, and then drag highlights up. Or apply a luma limit level filter.
Anyway it might be smart to blur the edges between the two whites.

HTH
Andreas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]