FORUMS: list search recent posts

replace media

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Halder
replace media
on Sep 30, 2010 at 2:16:54 am

Hello all: FCP is not my native NLE and I don't have it at home to check on this now, but . . . .

Is there a command to "replace media"? I'm confronted with a a number of pictures in a timeline that were saved as low quality JPEGs. I would like to use higher quality JPEGs or better yet PNGs (they're PowerPoint slides).

Can I:

1) Delete "Picture01.jpg" from the browser window and just import "Picture01.png", thereby keeping the formatting/keyframing done in the timeline on the "Picture01.JPG"? OR

2) Use a "replace media/file" command somewhere in FCP and then browse for the replacing file on the computer?

Thanks for any assistance.

Return to posts index

jerry wise
Re: replace media
on Sep 30, 2010 at 2:30:57 am

yep. its easy. select the new pic and right click and copy...then go to the time line and select the old picture and right click and select replace media. done deal.

Return to posts index

Nathan Halder
on Sep 30, 2010 at 12:20:40 pm

Thanks Jerry, that is easy!

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Sep 30, 2010 at 5:41:12 pm

[jerry wise] "yep. its easy. select the new pic and right click and copy...then go to the time line and select the old picture and right click and select replace media. done deal."

I don't seem to have that option, but I'm still using FCP 5.

Jason Jenkins
Flowmotion Media
Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Bret Williams
on Oct 1, 2010 at 5:54:41 am

Right click on the clip and choose reconnect media. Navigate to new file.

In any case, if the new file is amdifferent size, then you'll have to make adjustments to the scale attribute.

I had this problem the other day. Jpegs were too large. 5000+ pixels wide. They wouldn't render. So I opened them in Photoshop and resized to 2500 pixels wide. They had been scaled to 15% size, but I had to redcaps them to 30%

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]