FORUMS: list search recent posts

esata port and raid?

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Enes Pizovic
esata port and raid?
on Sep 27, 2010 at 10:35:12 pm

Hi guy i just gor my self Mac Pro 2.66GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon and tomorrow i will be buying FCP 7 (cant wait cant sleep ;) I will be adding esata port and buying new 1 tb external HD (no raid).I shoot some hd video on $5000 dollar cam i cant remember the name of the camera but footage is HD (not sure about format will use i for learning and i will do learning multicam editing editing now is esata fast enough to handle this multicam editing or i should be looking st something else. And esata port for mac do i have to buy specific esata port for mac or i can just got to local computer shop and get one

Thanks guys :)

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: esata port and raid?
on Sep 27, 2010 at 11:10:49 pm

Skip that. Your machine comes with THREE extra internal SATA slots. And easy slide out trays. Just get 3 bare SATA drives, very cheap, and put them in there. Get three 2TB drives and you have 6TB ready to go! When you fill those up, THEN you can think about external options.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Enes Pizovic
on Sep 27, 2010 at 11:35:46 pm

hmmm i did not know that have to look at the manual closer. One question i can easily Google it but i will ask you, maybe you will have some more advice. esata and sata port are they same speed and with sata port will i be able to do multi cam editing.

Thaks fpr reply Shane

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 27, 2010 at 11:52:56 pm

SATA and eSATA are the same speed.

Multiclip editing? Depends on the codec, and the amount of streams (angles). With the higher data rates, you need to look at RAIDs. You can stripe your three drives into a RAID-0, that will manage a few codecs.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]