FORUMS: list search recent posts

Using Charts from Keynote in FCP

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Petty
Using Charts from Keynote in FCP
on Sep 24, 2010 at 6:56:55 pm

I have to integrate some charts created in Keynote into a film I am doing in FCP...and it has me baffled. Creating the chart is easy, but how to export it and be able to import it into FCP is where the problems start because I need to use the chart(s) as an overlay not as a chart with a background. I want to have only the chart (as animated in Keynote) appear and play out as an overlay on top of other footage.

There are some "no background" and transparency options when exporting out of Keynote but it seems no matter what I check when I import into FCP the chart is still a square with a background. Clearly there is some sort of Alpha channel issue here...I just can't figure it out. I don't even know if you can do but it would sure seem you can.

Appreciate any thoughts, advice or "Here's a step by step process, knucklehead!"

Return to posts index

Martin Curtis
Re: Using Charts from Keynote in FCP
on Sep 25, 2010 at 12:53:10 am

I don't have Keynote handy to check, but first thing you'd need is to export the animation in a codec with an actual alpha channel. What comes to mind is Animation or ProRes 4444.

Just for kicks, I'd try putting, say, a green background on the animation and keying it out. I'm no expert in these things, but I'd have a go at that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]