FORUMS: list search recent posts

frame size/Kodec/multicliping

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael DeMinico
frame size/Kodec/multicliping
on Sep 24, 2010 at 12:09:23 am

I'm trying to multiclip two clips. When I right clip on the two clips to multiclip the message reads, "Unable to mutliclip, the video frame sizes dont' match."
So I made a new timeline dropped camera A's clip in and dropped B in afterwards. Final Cut adjusts the Camera Bs frame size to A's which is 960X720(camera B's original is 1280X720), but as I said the sequence adjusts these frame sizes to match. I was feeling pretty good. Right clicked on both clips after bringing them back into the browser with there matching frame sizes and the new message I get is that the "video codec does not match" and the program can't make the mutliclip.

argh. The Codec of what was the 1280X720 (now 960X720)is called Apple ProRes 422, while the other clip I'm trying to multiclip to is DVCPRO HD 720P60. Are there import setting that I can adjust? Any takers? We're shooting a doc on two cameras. Camera A:Panasonic HPX170 and I'm on CamB: Panasonic HMC40. The HMC40 needs to match the Codec of the other as we've shot many hours already on the HPX. Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: frame size/Kodec/multicliping
on Sep 24, 2010 at 12:54:09 am

The clips have to match, dropping them into a sequence does nothing to fix this. FCP is just changing the sequence to match the first clip you drop on it.

Use compressor to convert the clips to matching settings.

I would use a 1280x720 ProRes, you also need to have the frame rate to match but hopefully you shot both camera on the same frame rate.

Return to posts index

Michael DeMinico
Re: frame size/Kodec/multicliping
on Sep 24, 2010 at 1:13:25 am

thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]