FORUMS: list search recent posts

Slow Motion - Keeping same length as original clip??

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Huett
Slow Motion - Keeping same length as original clip??
on Sep 23, 2010 at 3:28:28 am

Hi.

Im trying to slow down a clip from 100 to 65 - BUT keeping its original clip length duration. i really need to find a solution as its pushing every thing else in the time line down and out of place and it cant be physically longer than as it originally was at 100 - real time.

Ive found an "answer" here -(link at bottom of post)

BUT ever time i do it exactly how they say- final cut pro says - "insufficient content for edit".

Can someone please help me. would be so grateful. Thank you.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:sZ1YjeodFKgJ:http://ww...

Return to posts index

John Pale
Re: Slow Motion - Keeping same length as original clip??
on Sep 23, 2010 at 3:59:12 am

FCP 7 does what you want, earlier versions don't.

The workaround is easy though.

Match Frame the clip in the timeline. In the Viewer, do you your speed change. Edit the clip back into the timeline, overwriting your original clip.

Return to posts index

Tom Huett
on Sep 24, 2010 at 11:52:01 pm

Hi.

Thanks for you reply but i really dont get what your saying?? you say what im wanting to do can only be done in FCP 7. (I have FCP 5) But you then go on to say that you can get around this by dong the match frame etc. so you either contradicted your self or your saying that there is one button (for-instance in FCP 7 to do this??) but this match frame technique is what ive been trying and it still does not work for me. as explained in my original post.

sorry to go on. but i really need to figure this out. any one shed some light on this. thank you people.

Return to posts index

todd reid
on Sep 25, 2010 at 1:25:09 pm

Take your original clip and move it to the end of your sequence. Mark an outpoint at the end. Make your speed change, which will extend your clip past the outpoint. Drag the end of clip back to your original outpoint. Then drag your clip back to it's original place in your sequence. This is the workaround that I used.....until fc7, now it works as expected. Has been a big pain, but at least it works now. Enjoy!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]