FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues after updating to 7.0.3

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Smith
Issues after updating to 7.0.3
on Sep 22, 2010 at 5:07:46 pm

Hi all
Anyone else noticing some weird audio issues after updating to 7.0.3? I'm having a horrendous time with sync. Basically I'll start playing the video and at least 1-2sec later the audio starts. Everything was fine prior to the update. I just hope I'm not the only one as this is driving me nuts. I'll reboot the system and sometimes that helps but usually not. Figures I let it update with 2 big projects in the works........

MacPro 2x2.26 Quads OS 10.6.4
8gb Ram
1TB System Drive
3x1TB internal capture Drives
Kona LHe

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
Re: Issues after updating to 7.0.3
on Sep 22, 2010 at 5:53:27 pm

DId you reset the prefs and reset your permissions?

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://web.mac.com/schazamproductions
schazamproductions@mac.com

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 22, 2010 at 6:41:44 pm

Uninstall and then reinstall the drivers for the Kona card. Make sure you get the latest ones.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 22, 2010 at 6:53:50 pm

Can we get more details too, like what type of footage you are editing (codec...DVCPRO HD, ProRes, HDV?). What are your sequence settings? What sort of audio do you have in the timeline?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jeremy Smith
on Sep 23, 2010 at 9:26:16 pm

Hi Guys
Thanks for the replies...meant to reply yesterday but forgot my password and the reminder got hung up in our spam catcher...

My usual setup is DVCPro HD, sequence settings of DVCProHD 720p60 Audio 48khz 24bit. Footage is HVX200 DVCProHD 720x24pN.

So I trashed my preferences and also reinstalled my Aja drivers. As I was about to reboot I tried to think back through any system changes I may have done recently just to rule out anything else. I then remembered turning on my old Huge Systems 750gb raid (via atto SCSI) that had been sitting for ages powered down and collecting dust. The other day I was looking for some long lost footage and thought it might be on that, so I started it up. I can't be for certain that I started that up the same time I ran into the audio issues but I have a nagging suspicion that may have been why it was shut down for so long (i just forgot about it hah)

Long story short...on reboot everything is ok....so far. Was it the SCSI/Huge flaking (not sure) Aja Drivers (not sure) or FCP update (again shrugging). I wish I could nail it down but as my deadlines loom I'm just happy it's running again.

Sorry for kind of wasting yall's time on this....it seems like it could have been any one of those three but I'm no closer to figuring our exactly what it was. I really appreciate the time tho you took for the replies! If I ever nail it down I'll update this post just in case someone else has a similar problem.

Thanks again!

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Wayne Carey
on Sep 23, 2010 at 9:58:47 pm

Well, that probably was your cuprit alright. The old drives will slow your whole system down just like connecting a fw400 drive to your fw800 drives. It will knock everything down to 400 unless you connect to a different fw buss.

That's OK, Jeremy. We've all done something like that.

Wayne Carey
Schazam Productions
http://web.mac.com/schazamproductions
schazamproductions@mac.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]